Friday, February 27, 2009

I guess its Avery's turn to be in the paper. We went to the Tea Park and Rec. Annual Winter festival this last Saturday to enjoy the best that Tea, SD has to offer. Some chump by the name Phil Baker performs at this festival every year. Apparently he is pretty famous around here. He has CD's out, writes childrens books and tries really hard to be legit. I've never heard of this Mister Rogers wannabe but the kids appeared to enjoy him. He sang some memorable songs like "scat like that" and "hoedown". Frankly this guy was really, really, REALLY irritating but the kids had fun. I guess its all about the kids right. Any rate they had booths that the kids could go to an play soccer, baseball, face painting, and other kid friendly type displays. Below is the picture that was in the paper. She almost looks like a professional pitcher here. Unfortunately her wee little arms barely had enough strength to reach the net. She put everything she had in that throw....it still only managed to go about 10 feet. I don't think we have an athlete in our midst. enjoy!



Avery Slater, six, throws a baseball at the Tea Park and Rec Board’s Winter Festival on Saturday.
(John Hult/The Champion)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you guys are the stars of S.D.! At least your kids are! Cute picture. I bet it makes her daddy proud.
sq