Saturday, May 16, 2009

Soccer Season is now over.


Avery decided to try her hand at soccer this year and I decided to coach. It was an interesting season. First off, I know nothing about soccer and frankly don't care for the sport. However, I was teaching six year olds....how hard could it be. Overall it wasn't too bad but I must admit it did try my patience. The kids had fun though. We led the league with an undefeated season, don't get too excited...you should have seen our competition. Avery scored 2 goals this year and had a few saves as the goalie. She is very pleased with herself. Scott was stark raving mad on the sidelines because he couldn't understand why he couldn't play. I don't know if we will play in the summer league. While Avery had fun, she seemed more interested in playing in the grass, holding hands with her friend Sydney or dancing than actually playing the game. So we will see if she wants to do it again. Here are some highlights.


Avery playing Goalie

Grandma Shellbell and Scott on the sideline

Scott likes to coach with me if he can.


Avery with her medal.

1 comment:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Andy has now decided he wants to give soccer a try. We shall see...oh the joys of sports!